Sunday, March 6, 2011

T.G.I. March

If I could of, I would of hibernated the entire winter! It was a rough one for me, and I did sort of hibernate, in my own way. After my allergic reaction to the flu shot, it was time to get into the holiday spirit. I wanted to do all the things I used to do, bake the cookies, get the gifts and try to make it another special holiday season. In the process, I became weaker, more exhausted and my hands began to shake. The holidays drained me, and I was not ready for the cold weather headed our way.
Soon, every single site where I was poked, pricked and dug into was exacerbated by the cold and damp weather. I felt rotten everyday, as chronic pain took over. I felt like a worn out pin cushion! At one of the last Boston trips I asked what the tingling in my hands and feet meant. I was told I had peripheral neuropathy, damage to the nerve endings, most likely due to the chemo/radiation. One cold winter night before dinner I was taken down, literally to the floor, unable to overcome the pain, tingling and weakness of this disorder. As time has passed I have noticed a lack of coordination and a cross of signals from my brain to my fingers. I can only hope this gets better, as the temperature outside rises.

No comments: