Friday, December 10, 2010

Funding for LLS

As you may know I am a volunteer for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  The program is called First Connection.  The LLS ofice in Albany receives phone calls from patients and or caregivers requesting that a volunteer call them. We are then matched up by age, gender... and we are given the phone number to call the patient back to discuss our experiences and answer any questions.
I recently mentioned my blog to the person in charge of the First Connections and here is what she said, 
"If you can share the names, I can list these as First Connections. The more matches we make, the more funding we can often obtain, as we demonstrate more service delivery." 
 
It is the funding that leads to the research that saved my life as well as many others. Please consider michele.harland@gmail.com

No comments: